How to break up with your cellulite!
We are fast approaching summer. You know what that means, shorts and swim suits. It’s a perfect time to break up with your evil cellulite so you can start the New Year off right. Cellulite is a skin condition that affects the appearance of the skin in areas with underlying fat deposits, giving the skin a lumpy, dimpled, dull, and unappealing texture. Cellulite has been described as “tissue sludge”. That is exactly what it is. Cellular waste builds up because of a reduction in the skin’s metabolism. Cellulite is most commonly found in the upper thigh and buttocks, but may also appear in the arms and abdomen.
Here are some tips on how to break up with your cellulite and prepare your body for summertime:
- Diet: If your daily diet is composed of processed, pre-packaged food, fast food, and junk food you are guaranteed to have cellulite. Try eating fresh fruits and vegetables and lean protein like chicken and fish. A proper diet can also be helpful in keeping the skin and connective tissue stronger and healthier.
- Supplement: Take Algae Nutrio! This vitamin and mineral supplement is an unique combination of 4 algae powders. Combined in tablet form, these algae were chosen because they are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, proteins, trace elements, and amino acids. They contain other naturally occurring elements, including alginates, potassium, iodine, calcium, sodium, mannitol, potassium, magnesium, iron, fluorine, chlorophyll, pro-Vitamin A, Vitamins B6, C, K, and Omega-3 and 6. These algae provide nutritional support for diminishing cellulite. The reason this whole food supplement is included in article is to ensure you are getting proper nutrition that your body needs to support your efforts to clear your skin. Remember, what goes on inside the body, shows up on the outside of your body!
- Hydration: Proper hydration will help prevent water retention, which exacerbates cellulite. Drinking plenty of water a day twill help maintain a healthy lymphatic system to remove waste products and keep water levels in your skin at an optimum level.
- Exercise: Working out improves circulation, removes excess fluid and strengthens muscles. This will help smooth out the appearance of cellulite.
- Dry Brushing: Dry Brushing is a simple technique that stimulates blood and lymph flow, exfoliates the skin and encourages new cell growth. We suggest that you start at your feet and sweep up the legs in long, light brisk movements that are towards the heart.
- Massage: Rub the areas with cellulite in a circular motion while pulling and pushing the lumps of cellulite. The best results are achieved when you do this for 15 minutes a day 5 days a week.
- Skin Care: Due to the connection between electrolytic balance and the balance of trace elements and minerals in the body, the use of marine algae makes it a natural choice for correcting cellulite. Source Vital’s algae have a high content of mineral and trace elements in the appropriate proportions needed for reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Consistency: Be consistent with your diet and exercise regimen. A yo-yo style diet and random work out schedule can aggravate your system and compromise skin elasticity, which could possibly make your cellulite more pronounced.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fran Higgins is Source Vitál's in-house esthetician, massage therapist and aromatherapist. For more than two decades, Fran has been helping and educating customers with their holistic health needs. She brings a wide array of topics ranging from at home skin care tips, DIY aromatherapy formulas, step-by-step product protocols and much more.