What a PAIN!! 7 Ways to Reduce Muscle Soreness
Almost everyone has sore, aching muscles every now and then. Muscle soreness is typically caused from tension, strain, and overuse. There are many things you can do to reduce and help prevent muscle soreness. Here are the top ways to reduce and prevent muscle soreness:
- Warm up properly before you work out: warming up helps you reduce the risk of injury and muscle soreness. The purpose of a warm up is to increase the blood flow throughout the body in a gradual manner. Cold muscles don’t absorb impact as well and are more susceptible to injury.
- Pre/Post workout meals: The food you eat before you workout is the fuel for that your body will use to repair your muscles. Your pre workout meal will help you power through the workout so that you maximize performance. What you eat after your workout is critical to muscle recovery.
- Hydration: Good hydration helps replace the water lost through sweat during your workout. Drinking water helps your circulation and healing processes.
- Take a bath: A Dead Sea Salt bath is an effective way to relax and aid in muscle soreness recovery. The Dead Sea minerals absorb into muscle tissue and provide relief from soreness and stiffness by increasing blood flow which eliminates toxins trapped in your muscles, allowing an oxygen-rich blood flow, bringing improved nourishment to your tissues and decreasing discomfort.
- Ice: Icing your muscles will reduce inflammation and pain.
- Massage: A good massage will help soothe achy muscles. Massage can suppress inflammation and actually enhance cell recovery.
- Cool down after your workout: Muscles tend to want to tighten after a workout. Cooling down and stretching will help carry important nutrients and oxygen to your muscles and cells.
Leave a comment