Sandalwood Australiana Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Sandalwood Australiana Essential Oil
Botanical Name: santalum spicatum
Our Sandalwood Australiana is a delightful oil, fragrant, sweet, earthy, and woody. It is implemented for its calming and relaxing properties, along with improving mental clarity and grounding. Often used as an aphrodisiac and meditation oil, you will also find Sandalwood oils in skin care and massage products.Uses of Sandalwood Australiana
- Diffuse singly or in a blend.
- Add to massage or bath oil for a meditative, relaxing scent.
- Add a few drops to your facial cleanser or moisturizer.
- Keep on your night stand to aid in relaxation and sleep.
- Excellent for Chakra work on the first, second, fifth, and sixth Chakra.
- Sandalwood is beneficial as a hair treatment .
- Do not overlook Sandalwood when making a natural perfume. It is an excellent fixative and base oil.
AustraliaHistory and Background
A few years ago, the Indian government started overseeing the Sandalwood forests because they were being depleted near to extinction. Demand far exceeded supply, and prices rose sharply. At that point, Australia stepped up and started producing more Sandalwood. We fell in love with this one, and stocked it because of its lovely scent and more accessible pricing. We think you will fall in love, too! Australian Sandalwood was first exported in the 1920's to Europe. It was used as a diuretic and an antiseptic for throat and urinary infections. With the invention of antibiotics, the medicinal use of this oil dropped. And, do not forget that the wood has been used to make fragrant furniture!Physical Description
This oil is clear to brown in color, somewhat thick.Aromatic Description
Sandalwood Australiana smells sweet and woodsy.Biological Makeup and Components
cis-beta-santalol, alpha-santalol, trans-alpha-bergamotol, epi-alpha-bisalobol, trans-farnesolExtraction Technique
steam distillation of the woodInformation for Aromatherapists
This base note blends well with Cypress, Grapefruit, Frankincense, Geranium, Lemon, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Lavender, Myrrh, and Jasmine.
Our Sandalwood Australiana essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.