Elemi Essential Oil (Wild Crafted)
100% Pure & Natural Elemi Essential Oil
Botanical Name: canarium luzonicum
The name “Elemi” comes from the Arabic which means “above and below”. It has been used for centuries in healing and cosmetic applications from the Egyptians to European cultures.Uses of Elemi Essential Oil
- Add Elemi to a massage oil blend to ease sore muscles and joints.
- For meditation, use inhalation or diffusion to calm and center the mind.
- Stopped up from your cold, mix 10 drops to a tablespoon of carrier oil and massage into chest and breathe deeply.
- Add a 10 drops to 1 tablespoon of Rosehip Seed Oil and apply to face to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin lacking tone.
PhillipinesHistory and Background
The Egyptians used Elemi in their embalming rites and in skin care preparations. Introduced in the 15-16th century into Europe and used in folk medicine. By the 17th century, a physician, J. J. Wecker, used Elemi in salves to treat soldiers who had been injured in battle.
On a holistic level, Elemi helps balance upper and lower chakras, can bring up deep emotions. Strengthens, centers and focuses mind, while centering and calming. Promotes restful sleep, reduces stress and helps to communicate feelings. Useful in meditation.Physical Description
Colorless to pale yellow liquid.Aromatic Description
Strongly balsamic, hot, aromatic, lemon-like aroma.Biological Makeup and Components
Phelladrene, dipentene, elemol, elemicin, terpineol, carvone and terpinolene, 60-70% of resinous matter consisting of alcohols and triterpene acidsExtraction Technique
Steam distillation of oleoresin.Information for Aromatherapists
Elemi essential oil is a middle note. Blends well with Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Fir, Frankincense, Labdanum, Lavender, Lavandin, Myrrh, Rosemary, Sage, Sandalwood and pinaceae family
Our Elemi essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not use on infants or young children.
- Generally non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.