- Don’t shave first thing in the morning. When you first wake up, your face is a bit swollen from sleep. Wait 20 minutes or so to allow your skin to normalize so you don’t cause irritation.
- Avoid using hot water. This applies for more than just shaving. Hot water removes your skin’s natural oils and can cause extra dryness.
- Apply essential oils. Pre-shave oils can allow for a closer shave. Instead of shelling out extra cash for an expensive shave oil with mysterious ingredients, try our sunflower essential oil instead.
- Go with the grain. Though it’s sometimes tempting, always shave in the direction of hair growth. Going against the grain is a recipe for ingrown hairs and itchy, dry skin.
- Take a day off. Just like working out, schedule a rest day. Give your skin at least one day a week to recover.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Paul Colgin is the CEO of Source Vitál Apothecary. Paul will bring you topics that include sales & promotions, company updates, new product launches, trends in the natural beauty & skin care industry, and "at-home" use for men's products.