There are many reasons why the Dead Sea has attracted visitors for thousands of years—the history, beauty, and the salt. The ancient sea is Earth’s lowest elevation on land, and it’s one of the saltiest bodies of water—9.6 times as salty as the ocean. It’s this salt that’s so special.
The salts from this ancient sea have a higher content of minerals than any other salts in the world. While other sea salts have sodium content of 80-97 percent, Dead Sea salts only contain 3 percent of sodium, leaving room for other more beneficial minerals. Here’s a breakdown* of what minerals you’ll find in our salts and how they’ll help heal your body.
Seawater = 37.71 percent. The salt and minerals in seawater act as an exfoliant, while also hydrating and removing toxins in skin.
Magnesium Chloride = 34.21 percent. This mineral slows down the aging of skin by healing skin tissue. It also also promotes energy, combats stress, reduces fluid retention, and calms the nervous system.
Potassium Chloride = 24.42 percent. Potassium chloride balances the skin and energizes the body.
Sodium Chloride = 3.43 percent. In small quantities such as this, this sodium chloride improves the skin's metabolism and maintains the balance and osmosis in the extra-cellular fluid of the skin. Calcium
Chloride = 0.21 percent. This mineral prevents fluid retention, increases circulation, and strengthens bones and nails.
Other minerals found in low percentages, from .09 to .9 percent, include:
- Bromine—relaxes muscles and nerves
- Strontium—anti-inflammatory properties and reduces irritation of contact dermatitis
- Zinc—promotes cell renewal and anti-aging
- Manganese—increases the skin's circulation and the condition of connective tissue
- Boron—relieves the discomfort of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Lithium—increases the effectiveness of balneotherapy for inflamed skin, including psoriasis, and other painful skin conditions and itching
- Natural sulfates—contain a natural disinfectant
* These percentages are taken from our MSDS sheet from Israel. Due to variances in rainfall, depth, season, and temperature of the water, these Dead Sea Salts, like any truly natural substance, will have small fluctuations from time to time.
Here at Source Vitál, we only sell 100 percent pure Dead Sea Salts. Click here to shop.