Sickness is going around, from the stomach flu to head colds. It’s no fun feeling under the weather, but the cold, wet winter just makes you feel worse. The best way to treat sickness is to prevent it. Unfortunately, life happens, and sometimes, this is no easy feat. Here are a few holistic suggestions on how to avoid contracting the cold or flu.
- Wash up! Be sure to wash your hands often with antibacterial soap. Invest in antibacterial soaps at home, work, and anywhere else you regularly visit like a gym or yoga studio.
- Disinfect your surroundings. Keep things clean as much as possible. Wiping door handles and keyboards down will decrease the spread of germs.
- Drink plenty of water. It not only hydrates your body, but if you do get sick, drinking water will also keep your fever down and prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Eat a balanced diet. Give your body the fuel it needs to ward off germs. Read last week’s blog for some tips.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep helps you fight off infections and will keep you energized.
- Avoid ill people. If your friends are sick, steer clear. You can see them next week.
- Keep single symptom drugson hand. And use them as needed.
- Go natural. Essential oil remedies are great for preventing sickness. Try diffusing essential oils into with a humidifier or electric diffuser.
- Hands off! Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and lips to prevent contracting illness.
- Reduce stress. Being stressed affects your immune system. Meet your deadlines and stay on top of your to-do list!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kathy Pope is a Co-Owner and Vice President of Source Vitál Apothecary. She's been with the company for more than 15 years in numerous roles. She is the sister of Source Vitál founder, Jerry Pope, and an avid beauty and skin care product user. She brings you content on ingredients, do's and don'ts, how-to's and more.