We’re more than halfway through January, and your resolution was to eat healthier. How’s it going? Since a good diet is a huge part of living holistically, we’re here to help! Here are a few pointers on how to eat healthy and give your body and mind the nutrients it craves.
- Drink tons of filtered water. Use your own filter to avoid purchasing bottled water from the store.
- Choose whole grains. Whole grains provide you with more fiber and nutrients.
- Avoid processed foods. Natural foods, prepared fresh, will give you more energy and they’re better for your health.
- Skip the caffeine. If a morning cup of joe is part of your routine, try swapping it out for herbal tea instead.
- Go local. Food that is grown nearby is guaranteed to be fresher than produce transported thousands of miles. Try your neighborhood farmer’s market or join a co-op!
- Choose organic when possible. Organic foods are free of chemicals and are often fresher.
- Go vegetarian more often. Saturated fats, as found in red meat, are best avoided for your health.
- Portion control. It’s easy to continue eating when you aren’t hungry. Put more realistic portions on your plate and stop eating when you’re full!
- Clean your pantry and fridge by checking the nutrition facts for unhealthy ingredients.
- Add supplements to fill in the gaps. Our Algae Nutrio Whole Food Supplement is a great option, featuring algae that provide nutritional support for healthy vision, immunity, metabolism, muscles, bones, skin and hair.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kathy Pope is a Co-Owner and Vice President of Source Vitál Apothecary. She's been with the company for more than 15 years in numerous roles. She is the sister of Source Vitál founder, Jerry Pope, and an avid beauty and skin care product user. She brings you content on ingredients, do's and don'ts, how-to's and more.