Turmeric Essential Oil (Organic)
100% Pure & Natural Turmeric Essential Oil (Organic)
Botanical Name: curcuma longa
Turmeric is receiving a lot of buzz these days because of its reported medicinal properties.
Most of the information talks about the fresh rhizome (root) of the plant and the ground spice that we have had in our kitchens for years.
The latest information about this plant is about its anti-oxidant properties. The essential oil version is known to be beneficial for sore muscles, joints, and aches and pains, especially when infused in a lotion or cream.
This important oil is one you should research and come to your own conclusions about its uses and benefits.Uses of Turmeric Essential Oil
- Blend this oil into a cream or gel to use as a sports balm or massage product.
- Used for skin care for hundreds of years, try Turmeric in facial creams and lotions.
- Diffuse a few drops into the air to freshen your environment.
IndiaHistory and Background
Very prominent in Ayurvedic and ancient practices, Turmeric has been employed for a number of issues including supporting Kapha body types that need balancing. Ayurvedic practices include use of this oil to help the normal functions or the Pitta and Vata body types.
Often used for a relaxing massage oil, Turmeric is commonly mentioned as a respiratory oil, so breathe it in deeply. This versatile oil shows evidence of being used through the centuries for many ailments and issues. The information is vast and easy to find.Physical Description
Our Turmeric is a bright vibrant yellow green color. Its texture is somewhere between an oil and water.Aromatic Description
This oil is green, woodsy, spicy, grassy, clean and sharp. Reminiscent of several fresh vegetables, it is difficult to describe.Biological Makeup and Components
ar-Tumerone (17.0%), alpha- Turmerone (32.9%), beta- Turmerone (17.0%)Extraction Technique
This Turmeric oil is extracted from the plant’s rhizomes, using the CO2 process.Information for Aromatherapists
Turmeric is somewhere between a top and middle note. It mixes well with other spice oils, such as Clove, Cardamom, Birch, Peppermint, Thyme, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Lavender, Ginger, Plai and Cinnamon.
Our Turmeric essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.