Tagetes Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Tagetes Essential Oil
Botanical Name: tagetes minuta
Tagetes is widely know in the herbal world, mainly as Marigold, and is added to many vegetable gardens to keep insects away. It is not as well known in the aromatherapy world and is well worth considering due to it's versatility.Uses of Tagetes Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of Tagetes to your insect repellent blend.
- Be sure to include in your blend for the sick room to clear the air.
- A great addition to your household cleaning blend.
- Add a few drops to your massage blend to improve the feeling relaxation, especially with muscle cramps.
South AfricaHistory and Background
Tagetes is named after the Etruscan God ‘Tages’--the eminent God of wisdom. The familiar name ‘Marigold’ derives from Mother Mary and was initially called as ‘Mary’s Gold’. This herb is thought to have originated in Africa then spread to America, Europe, and Australia. It is used in these countries as an insect repellant, anti-parasitic, and antiseptic. In the ancient cultures of Mexico, cultures considered Tagetes, or Marigold, as flower of the dead, as a symbol of respect for elders who have passed on and continues to be used in the Day of the Dead celebrations today. In Ayurvedic practices, Tagetes is used is massage, skin care and pain and inflammation.Physical Description
A rich yellow color with a medium watery consistencyAromatic Description
A fruity, citrus-like aromoa often compared to the aroma of green applesBiological Makeup and Components
Contains 28 different components mainly limonene, ocimene, tagetone, and valeric acidExtraction Technique
Steam distillation from the leaves, stem, stalk, and flower.Information for Aromatherapists
Tagetes essential oil is a top note and blends well with most citrus oils, clary sage, jasmine, lavender, lemon, myrrh, and tangerine.
Our Tagetes essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- May cause sensitization and irritation in large concentrations, such use small percentage in blends.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours after using Tagetes due it's phototoxic properties.
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Avoid during pregnancy and breast feeding.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.