Spikenard Green Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Spikenard Green Essential Oil
Botanical Name: nardostachys jatamansi
Spikenard Green, also known as Nard, is an ancient, precious oil.
It has been used as a perfume, as a medicine and in religious contexts, from India to Europe. It plays an important part of Ayurvedic healing practices.Uses of Spikenard Green Essential Oil
- Having trouble sleeping? Add a few drops to your water or electric diffuser in your bedroom.
- Add 15 drops to a 1oz massage oil or cream to feel less stressed and tense.
- Mix 6 drops Spikenard with 1/4oz Jojoba oil and add to bathwater for a rejuvenating and relaxing bath.
- Add 6 drops to 1/2oz of Rosehip Seed Oil and use on the face to improved the appearance of aged skin.
Nepal and IndiaHistory and Background
Spikenard is an important part of the Ayurvedic practices. From an emotional perspective, it promotes deep sleep and a calm mind and for grief after losing a loved one. It is used to anoint those who are transitioning from life to death.
Spikenard has many biblical references. It is one of the eleven herbs burned in the holy temple. It is also mentioned in the Song of Solomon. The Bible tells us that Mary Magdalene anointed Jesus’ feet before the Last Supper with Spikenard.
In Ayurvedic practices, its earthy, scent is said to please the earth spirits. Commonly burned as incense among Himalayan dwellers to calm and sanctify the environmentPhysical Description
Deep green to amber color with medium viscosity.Aromatic Description
Green, wet earth, resinous, and mellow spicy aroma with sweet woody overtones.Biological Makeup and Components
Bornyl acetate, valeranone, jonon, tetramenthyloxatricylodecanol, menthylthymyl-ether and 1,8-cineol.Extraction Technique
Steam distillation of the rhizome or root.Information for Aromatherapists
Spikenard Green essential oil is a base note and a fixative. Blends well with Cistus, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Neroli, Oakmoss, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Pine, Rose and Vetiver.
Our Spikenard Green essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.