Ho Wood Essential Oil (Wild Crafted)
100% Pure & Natural Ho Wood Essential Oil
Botanical Name: cinnamomum camphora ct. linalool
Ho Wood, also known as Ho-Sha is one of the most potent sources of linalool found in essential oils.
This component gives this lovely, versatile oil powerful abilities to calm and soothe emotional and physical ailments.
Ho Wood shares many aromatherapy characteristics with Rosewood, but is a much more sustainable option. At Source Vitál, we have recently updated our formulas to include Ho Wood as a substitute for the endangered Rosewood.
Uses of Ho Wood Essential Oil
- Add a few drops of Ho Wood to your toner or cleanser to promote a feeling of balance for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Ease the feel of achy shoulders or tight neck by diluting a few drops of cooling Ho Wood with a carrier oil. Massage areas of discomfort.
- Feeling anxious and tense? Lighten up your environment by diffusing Ho Wood through your aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer.
- The slightly camphorous aroma is great to use when feeling congested. Mix 10-15 drops Ho Wood with you favorite carrier oil and add to a therapeutic aromatherapy bath with mineral-rich Dead Sea Salts. Breathe deeply for a sense of clearing.
- Try Ho Wood, in a carrier or diffuser, as a natural insect repellent.
ChinaHistory and Background
This oil comes from camphor-like trees in Eastern Asia. The wood has been used to make handles for Japanese swords and knives, and to create ornate cabinets and furniture for the home.
Ho Wood shares many similarities with the endangered Rosewood but is much more sustainable.
This oil is very high in linalool, which is known for reducing the discomfort of pain and swelling, easing the feeling of anxiety and tense nerves, and its ability to cleanse and purify the skin.Physical Description
Appears colorless or has a pale yellow color.Aromatic Description
Ho Wood has a warm, woody, herbaceous sent that is subtly floral.
Biological Makeup and Components
This chemotype contains 99% linalool.
Steam distillation of bark, leaves and twigs.
Ho Wood is a middle note and blends well with Amyris, Basil, Benzoin, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Copaiba, Cypress, Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Lemon, Lemongrass, Marjoram Sweet, Myrtle, Lavender, Ravensara, Sandalwood, and Tangerine.
Our Ho Wood Essential Oil is wild crafted, 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.