Galbanum Essential Oil (Wild Crafted)
100% Pure & Natural Galbanum Essential Oil
Botanical Name: ferula galbaniflua
Although less well known than many of the more familiar essential oils, Galbanum has been around for centuries as an herbal remedy and mentioned often in the Bible.
Today it is used primarily in perfumery such as Chanel No. 19, as well as soap, candles and applications in skin care products.Uses of Galbanum Essential Oil
- Try diffusing Galbanum at night for a restful sleep.
- Useful in any blend meant for shock and depression.
- Use in your household cleansers, as bugs normally run from Galbanum.
- Try it in your natural insect repellant. It is known to repel insects.
TurkeyHistory and Background
Galbanum is one of the few essential oils referenced in the Old Testament and Egyptian papyri. It was used in Egpyt for religious ceremonies and embalming.
Galbanum is one of the ingredients of the sacred incense or Qetoret used by the temple priests of the Jews and believed to elevate a person and connect him to his higher self.
Galbanum was also used as an annointing oil in religious ceremonies. The Romans and Greeks called on Galbanum to scent baths, incense, and to use for their skin care, such as balms and perfumery.Physical Description
Galbanum is colorless to pale yellow to olive green in color with a thin consistency.Aromatic Description
Deep, green, woody scent with balsamic undertoneBiological Makeup and Components
Pinene, cadinol, cadinene, myrcene, limonene, terpinolene, linalool, borneol, fenchoneExtraction Technique
Steam distillation of the resin of the plantInformation for Aromatherapists
Galbanum is a top note. It blends well with Benzoin, Carrot seed, Fir, Geranium, Lavender, Pine, Rose, Spruce and oriental oils.
Our Galbanum essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.