Cedarwood Texas Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Cedarwood Texas Essential Oil
Botanical Name: juniperus ashei
Sometimes called Mountain Cedar or Mexican Cedar, this oil comes from the small evergreen tree native to Mexico, Central America, and Southwestern United States. Soft, but fragrant, this popular evergreen oil brings winter and holidays to mind.
In New Mexico, Native Americans use Cedarwood oil for skin rashes. You will see Cedarwood used in natural insect repellents. There are lots of great uses for this versatile oil!Uses of Cedarwood Texas Essential Oil
- Mix into shampoos and skin care products to help with the appearance of dry, flaky scalp, greasy hair, oily skin, dry skin and other skin and scalp irritations.
- Replace traditional, chemical-heavy insect repellants with Cedarwood Texas. Like a clothes closet lined in cedar, the oil has properties that are unattractive to some pests.
- You will notice that this oil is often used to fragrance cosmetics, soaps, and perfumes. Try it in a men's cologne!
- Soothing and relaxing, this oil is great for massage, diffusing, and as a bath oil.
- Cedarwood Texas is a natural deodorizer, perfect for use in the home as an ingredient in a natural cleanser and room spray.
Our oil comes from Central Texas where this species is often grown specifically for essential oils.History and Background
This oil has been important to American Indians in the southwestern region of the U.S. Cedar is mentioned often in the Bible.Physical Description
Colorless to pale yellow, this oil is slightly thick, but still manageable in blending.Aromatic Description
Reminescent of wooden pencils, this cedar is softer than the Cedarwood Himilayan in scent. Every one loves cedar chests and this is the liquid form of that! Balsamic, evergreen, woodsy. Most find it a soothing aroma.Biological Makeup and Components
Cedrene, thujopsene, sabinene, cedrol.Extraction Technique
Steam distilled from wood and shavings.Information for Aromatherapists
Usually a base note, try blending with Juniper, Benzoin, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Palmarosa, Rose, Vetiver, Clary Sage, Orange, Neroli, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Cypress, Lemon, Lime, Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Chamomile, Jasmine, and Lavender.
Our Cedarwood Texas essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Avoid during pregnancy.
- Cedarwood is usually non-toxic but it can cause irritation of the skin in some individuals. Use in dilution and moderation.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using Cedarwood Texas essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.