Blue Yarrow Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Blue Yarrow Essential Oil
Botanical Name: achillea millefolia
Deep blue in color, Blue Yarrow is reminiscent of Chamomile German and Tanacetum Annuum in color, scent and properties.
It is widely used to help you catch some Zzzs and ease stressful feelings. It is a must have for your aromatherapy toolbox.Uses of Blue Yarrow Essential Oil
- Add a few drops to your massage blend for feelings of relaxation and less stress.
- Include this oil in your relaxing bath oils and bath salts or in massage.
- Add a small amount to facial lotions to improve the appearance of red, irritated skin.
- Massage into fresh scars to improve the appearance of scarring.
- Add a few drops into shampoo for an oily scalp massage. May also rinse the hair with a blend of water and a few drops of Blue Yarrow.
South AfricaHistory and Background
Historically, it is reported that Achilles, from Greek mythology, used the herb to treat his soldier's wounds during the Trojan War, quite possibly accounting for the Latin name for this oil!Physical Description
Deep, dark blue color with a thin, watery consistency.Aromatic Description
Fresh, green, sharp, herbaceous, similar to Tanacetum Annuum.Biological Makeup and Components
Pinene, borneol acetate, borneol, beta pinene, camphene, cineole, camphor, chamazulene, gamma terpinene, isoartemisia ketone, limonene, sabinene and tricycleneExtraction Technique
steam distillation of the flowers.
Our Blue Yarrow is a top to middle note and blends well with Angelica, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Melissa, Neroli, Pine, Rosemary, Tarragon, Valerian Root, Vetiver and Ylang Ylang. Use in small percentages in blends not to exceed 8%.
Our Blue Yarrow essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Yarrow essential oil may result in headaches and skin irritation if used for a long time in high dosages.
- Caution using on small children. Do not use while pregnant.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, possible sensitization in some individuals.
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- May stain fabrics.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, elderly, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using essential oils.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.