Blue Tansy Essential Oil (Tanacetum Annuum, Wild Crafted)
100% Pure & Natural Blue Tansy/Tanacetum Annuum Essential Oil
Botanical Name: tanacetum annuum linnaeus
Known as Blue Tansy and Blue Chamomile, Tanacetum Annuum has been used to help release emotions linked to the past and for dispelling anger. When used on the throat area, it helps to express true feelings. Blue Tansy is at the top of the list for soothing and relaxing the mind. Diffuse it alone or in a blend.
Be careful of adulteration, as with all rare oils. Blue Tansy is a powerful oil well worth researching and using. It is a main ingredient in our First Aid Oil and several of our body and skin care products.Uses of Blue Tansy Tanacetum Annuum Essential Oil
- A must-have for a relaxing, calming blend to diffuse.
- Diffuse and breathe deeply during allergy season.
- Add a drop or two to skin or body care to help the appearance of upset, inflamed skin.
MoroccoHistory and Background
Many compare this oil to wine because of its aroma, color, and complexity. Do not confuse this oil with Tansy oil (tanacetum vulgare), which has toxic properties and should never be used as aromatherapy.
Also, do not confuse it with Chamomile German. Though very similar in color and uses, they are two totally different oils.
In Chinese medicine, Tanacetum is considered yin energy and wood element. It helps release emotions linked to the past and dispels anger.
When used on the throat area, helps expression of true feelings and is associated with the 5th chakra.Physical Description
Dark blue in color, medium consistency.Aromatic Description
Refreshing, aromatic, herbaceous, fruity, complex, and deeply sweet.Biological Makeup and Components
Chamazulene (sesqueterpenes), b-myrcene, camphor, sabinene, b-eudesmol, 3,6-dihydrochamazulene, b-pinene, a-phellandreneExtraction Technique
Steam distillation from flowers.Information for Aromatherapists
Tanacetum Annuum essential oil is a middle note and blends well with all the Chamomile oils, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Marjoram, Myrtle and Neroli.
Use no more than 5% in a blend.
Our Tanacetum Annuum essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Generally non-toxic, non-irritant. May cause dermatitis in some individuals.
- Will stain skin and clothing if applied neat.
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.