- Visit an esthetician or dermatologist for advice on your winter skin regimen. A specialist who can determine exactly what your skin needs is the best tip we can provide!
- Reduce consumption of dehydrating beverages. Holiday parties mean alcohol and during cold spells its tempting to pour yourself that extra cup of coffee. Limit your cocktails and swap coffee for tea!
- Exfoliate using a scrub like our Silt Body Scrub to help remove dead skin cells. Dry brushing is another great way to unclog pores and make your skin silky and smooth!
- Moisturize often. Moisturizing is even more important during the winter, keeping skin durable. Find the right moisturizer for your skin by using our Skin Care Primer.
- Avoid wet clothing. Change out of wet clothing, including gloves and socks, as soon as possible to avoid chaffing or eczema flare ups.
- Skip the hot baths and opt for lukewarm instead. Hot water simply dries out the skin and ends up doing more harm than good!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fran Higgins is Source Vitál's in-house esthetician, massage therapist and aromatherapist. For more than two decades, Fran has been helping and educating customers with their holistic health needs. She brings a wide array of topics ranging from at home skin care tips, DIY aromatherapy formulas, step-by-step product protocols and much more.