Sandalwood Mysore Essential Oil (Organic)
100% Pure & Natural Sandalwood Mysore Essential Oil
Botanical Name: santalum album
Sandalwood Mysore is most familiar to Western cultures for its use in perfumes and incense. It's true essence goes much further.
Sandalwood has been a part of the religious and spiritual traditions of India since prehistory and has been effectively used in traditional medicine for thousands of years.
Uses of Sandalwood Mysore Essential Oil
- Use Sandalwood Mysore in a diffuser or as an anointment in meditation for calming and focusing the mind.
- Add 1-2 drops in a perfume blend to deepen and enrich the aroma.
- Add to water or electric diffuser or vaporizer and breathe deeply whenever you want to clear your internal and external environment.
- Sandalwood is becoming an endangered oil. Save it for special occasions as you would any rare and precious gift and use appropriate substitutions where possible.
This oil is sourced from
History and Background
In Chinese medicine, cool/moist action, earth and water element, cooling and econgesting for hot, inflammatory and catarrhal conditions, clairifes and stills the mind. In Ayurvedic medicine, alleviates inflammations and infections.
Psychologically, encourages higher consciousness by ground into self, facilitates acceptance of reality. Opening for base to crown chakra. Survival of spiritual aspects. To be used with people who are grounded. Works on base chakra, vibrates between 7th and 1st chakra. Eases anxiety, depression, inhibitions, arouses sexual feelings.
Pale yellow, greenish or brown color with a viscous consistency.
Deep, woody, balsamic, sweet, slightly musky aroma.
Biological Makeup and Components
Santalols (90%), sesquiterpene, hydrocarbons (6%), such as santene, teresantol, borneol, santalone, tri-cylo-ekansantalal, with a small trace of farnesol.
Water or steam distillation from roots and heartwood, powdered or dried.
Information for Aromatherapists
Sandalwood Mysore essential oil is a base to middle note and blends well with Rose, Clove, Lavender, Black Pepper, Bergamot, Rosewood, Geranium, Galbanum, Benzoin, Vetiver, Patchouli, Myrrh and Jasmine. Sandalwood is becoming scarce due to overuse. When possible, use other wood oils, such as cedarwood, as an alternative in blends.
Our Sandalwood Mysore essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes fillers, or carrier oils.
- May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use.
- Do not use undiluted on the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.