Ravintsara Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Ravintsara Essential Oil
Botanical Name: cinnamomum camphora ct. linalool
Ravintsara is harvested from an evergreen tree in Madagascar. The broad leaves are distilled quickly. Even though the botanical name leads you to believe this oil contains camphor, it contains very little.
We love it for use in products for oily, congested and acne-prone skin. It is also known for its respiratory benefits, aiding sleep, and calming the feel of tense nerves.Uses of Ravintsara Essential Oil
- Try a drop or two in Dead Sea Salts for a warm, soaking bath.
- Blend with Tea Tree, Lavender, Thyme and Eucalyptus, and diffuse or drop into a bath when you feel like you are coming down with a cold.
- Great addition to any DIY household cleaners.
- For added cleansing, add a drop to facial and body cleansers.
- Try a drop in your massage oil or lotion for a refreshing feel.
MadagascarHistory and Background
Many times confused with Ravensara, this oil is multi-use - good for respiratory uses, skin care, well being, and massage. It is obtained from trees belonging in the lauraceae family. It was introduced to Madagascar in the mid-twentieth century from Taiwan and now grows wild, Even though a good nose may detect Camphor notes in this oil, it does no or very little camphor.Physical Description
Ravintsara essential oil is a colorless oil that has a watery consistency.Aromatic Description
Its aroma is slightly spicy, camphoraceous, woody, and herbaceous.Biological Makeup and Components
1,8-cineol + limonene (62%), sabinene (14%), a-terpineol (5.93%), a-pinene (4.67%), terpinene-4-ol-1 (2%), y-terpinene (1.3%)Extraction Technique
Steam distillation from leaves.Information for Aromatherapists
Ravintsara is a top note and blends well with Bay, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Frankincense, Ginger, Ho Wood, Lavender, Lemon, Myrtle, Niaouli, Lemon, Oregano, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Sandalwood, and Thyme.
This oil is best avoided during pregnancy and breast feeding. One should use caution for respiratory issues in children. Our Ravintsara Essential Oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.