Watermelon Seed Oil (Organic, Virgin, Cold-Pressed)
Nurturing Face Oil for Dry and Aging Skin, and Dark Circles
Watermelon Seed Oil, sometimes called Kalahari Oil, is one of those versatile oils that may be used for a number of skin types, conditions, and issues.
Benefits of Watermelon Seed Oil
- The high omega-6 fatty acid content in this oils makes it perfect for use in skin care. It is naturally a moisturizer and cleanser.
- When extracted, this oil is naturally high in linoleic acid. This is one of the fatty acids that is known for its benefits for sensitive and acneic skin. Linoleic acid helps to dissolve dirt, grit, and grime from pores. By clarifying pores, they are detoxified and clean.
- What a powerful oil Watermelon Seed is! Besides those properties already mentioned, it contains omega 3 and 9 fatty acids, oleic acid, vitamin A, B, and E. There is also magnesium, potassium, copper, iron, and other minerals working for your skin health. Uneven skin tone is a common aging issue. The minerals and omega acids found in this oil will help with the appearance of hyper-pigmentation.
- Vitamin E is also a component of this oil, helping to lessen the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. Vitamin E also fights damage from free radicals.
Recommended Uses of Watermelon Seed Oil
- Because of these benefits, Watermelon Seed Oil is a quickly growing ingredient for skin care lotions, serums, cleansers, and masks. Try a few drops in your existing products.
- Vitamin E is reported to be excellent for reducing the appearance of dark circles under the eyes. If blood circulation is increased through use of Vitamin E, your skin and overall facial appearance will look younger. Pat gently around eyes, careful to keep it out of eyes. Add a little to your current eye cream.
- This light oil makes a great hair oil because it does not weigh the hair down like heavier oils. It helps smooth out the "frizzies". Try massaging a few drops into the ends of your hair for a nourishing treat.
- Lemon and Turmeric Essential Oils may be added to Watermelon Seed Oil to help fade and clear the appearance of age and sun spots on the skin. (spot test, please!)
- This oil will also help the appearance of puffy skin due to excess water retention. This especially involves the eye area.
- When an oil is high in linoleic acid, it helps clarify the appearance of pores, by dissolving dirt, grit, and grime from them. This is a must for working with sensitive and acneic skin types. Try massaging oil into skin and then wiping and washing it off. A few drops may also be added to your favorite cleanser.
- Watermelon Seed Oil may be used to reduce sebum to help the appearance of oily skin. It helps dissolve the sebum, making it helpful for skin types that are complicated by excess oil production. It helps the appearance of clogging hair follicles. Massage a few drops into clean skin.
Botanical name: citrullus lanatus
This oil is sourced from: South AfricaHistory and Background
Seeds are removed from the seed casings and dried. Then the seeds are pressed for oil. Also called Kalahari Melon, watermelon is known to originate around 5000 years ago in Africa. After migrating north to Egypt, both the Egyptians and the Romans grew them.Physical Description
pale yellowAromatic Description
bland, slight scent
Our Watermelon Seed Oil is cold-pressed, organic, virgin, 100% pure, and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Even though Watermelon Seed Oil normally does not produce side effects, always patch test when using a new product if you tend to be sensitive or allergic.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep Watermelon Seed Oil out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.