Geranium de Madagascar Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Geranium de Madagascar Essential Oil
Botanical Name: pelargonium graveolens
This is a special version of Geranium from Madagascar. This oil's scent smells reminiscent of roses.
In aromatherapy, there are many uses for Geranium. It will help with the appearance of eczema, athlete's foot, bruises, and burns. Known for encouraging a feeling of balance, it is favored in many of our skin care products.
This essential oil is the perfect choice for stress and tension release. It is mildly sedative, as well as uplifting. Geranium is also said to soothe conflicts, broken hearts, and balance emotions.Uses of Geranium de Madagascar Essential Oil
- Try this oil in homemade room sprays for its clean scent, but also for its "happy" properties for the mind.
- Perfect choice for natural skin cleansers and toners.
- Geranium is a great choice for body and bath oils and creams.
- Works well in hand made soaps and perfumes.
- Try it in your natural insect repellents.
MadagascarHistory and Background
This oil has all of the properties of regular Geranium and is used in the perfumery industry.
Geranium is mentioned by the ancient Egyptians, who reportedly used the plant extensively in their skin care and medicines.
During the reign of England's Queen Victoria, the plant was brought to Europe, where it was a hit. Victorians used the leaves and flowers in desserts, teas, and other sweets.
Geranium oil is similar to Rose oil in scent, giving it another reason for popularity. One must be careful when buying Rose oil to make sure it is not adulterated with Geranium.Physical Description
Pale yellow-green to green oilAromatic Description
Fresh, herbaceous, spicy, minty and rose-like aroma.Biological Makeup and Components
citronellol, geraniol, linalool, citronellyl formate, p-menthoneExtraction Technique
Steam distilled leaves.Information for Aromatherapists
Geranium is a good fixative and a middle note. It blends well with Bergamot, Cedarwood, Lime, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile, Orange, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, and Clove.
Our Geranium de Madagascar essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Avoid during first trimester of pregnancy.
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using essential oils.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.