Dill Seed Essential Oil
100% Pure & Natural Dill Seed Essential Oil
Botanical Name: anethum graveolens
Dill Seed is another kitchen herb, predominately used for pickling and spicing potato salads.
In the aromatherapy world, it is all about emotional healing, encouraging tender feelings, calming and soothing. Dill Seed is known as a major oil for transformation.
Once studied, Dill is one of those oils that will surprise you with its benefits!Uses of Dill Seed Essential Oil
- Perfect to blend into a relaxing, calming bath oil.
- Diffuse at bedtime for restful sleep.
HungaryHistory and Background
The word "dill" is believed to come from the Norse "dilla", which means calm or soothe.
In Semitic languages, it is known as Shubit. The Talmud requires that tithes shall paid on the seeds, leaves, and stem of dill. In the Bible, the Pharisees paid this tithe and were chastised by Jesus for tithing dill but lacking mercy.
During the Middle ages, Dill was often used as protection form witchcraft. These days, Dill Seed essential oil is best known for its sedative properties.Physical Description
Dill Seed is clear to pale yellow in color and has a watery consistency.Aromatic Description
This oil has a light, warm, spicy, grassy aroma.Biological Makeup and Components
carvone, limonene, phellandrene, eugenol, pineneExtraction Technique
steam distilled from the seedsInformation for Aromatherapists
Dillweed essential oil is a middle note and blends well with Aniseed, Bay, Bergamot, Caraway, Cardamom, Clove, Coriander, Elemi, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lemon, Mandarin, Myrtle, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Spearmint, most spice and citrus oils.
Our Dill Seed essential oil is 100% pure and natural. It is free of any chemicals, pesticides, synthetic perfumes, fillers, or carrier oils.Cautions
- Do not apply undiluted to the skin.
- Any person with a history of plant or food allergies should read ingredients before using.
- For external use only. Do not ingest.
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have cancer, have liver issues, or any other serious illness, we strongly suggest you consult a medical professional prior to using this essential oil.
- Always keep essential oils out of reach of children.
- Keep this oil tightly closed and in room temperature or cooler spot.